The Barberians Game Studio
Based in Valencia, Spain
November 11th 2016
Cubotrox - Catch, drop and rotate cubes to solve retro-futuristic neon puzzles
What’s exactly Cubotrox? Cubotrox is an addictive puzzle game that challenges you to complete pixel art images by managing falling neon-colored cubes. Catch, drop and rotate your way to victory in a game with retro-futuristic neon visuals and synth-retro-wave music that excels at being “easy to play, hard to master”.
Easy mechanics that add up to killer mind-breaking challenges
The game can be summed up in a real easy way: you have pixel art images that must be completed by managing some neon-colored cubes that are constantly appearing from all sides of the screen. You must manage these cubes to complete the image. Mechanics are rather simple: catch, drop and rotate the cubes and rotate all the screen. But as you progress you start to face increasing challenges related to the limited time, the management of the cubes, the frequency of the cubes’ fall, etc. But there’s no use on explaining this: go play the game. By minute 1 you will say “hehe, this is stupidly simple”; but by minute 20 you will be fully engaged and screaming “damn! I didn’t think of that! Let’s re-start this level AGAIN!”. Believe us: you will end admitting that Cubotrox is a masterclass on “easy to play, hard to master”.
Let’s turn great indie games into awesome puzzles!
So we were building this kick-ass pixel art library when we realized the only way of making it really perfect was by adding some of our favorite beauties. We contacted pixel artists and gamedevs we admire to ask them for permission to add their creations to our games. It turns out to be that the indie community is freaking cool and most of them agreed almost instantly. So now we have proudly included levels based on games we love such as Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Elliot Quest, They Bleed Pixels, Crypt of the Necrodancer, and many more!
No history, just play.
- +100 levels and endless mode (coming soon) - Cubotrox is a huge pixel art gallery with tons of puzzles comprised by pixel art images that must be completed.
- Global World Rankings - Beating lots of levels isn’t the only challenge in Cubotrox. You might refine your Cubotrox skills and get a spot on the renowned global world rankings!
- Retro-futuristic Neon visual style - The mix of pixel art and neon colored cubes creates some kick-ass 80s vibes.
- Synth-retro-wave music - Cubotrox keep the 80s vibes coming by also killing it with awesome music tracks.
- Innovative gameplay - Cubotrox presents seemingly simple mechanics that add up to really challenging puzzles in a new way. A true innovative experience that excels at being “easy to play, hard to master”.
- Absolute Game Feel - to sum up: visuals, music and mechanics become a powerful combo that translates into a masterful and hypnotic game feel that makes Cubotrox truly addictive.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Pre-Alpha Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Game Design at Indie Gameboss'16 Awards" Zaragoza (Spain), 21 May, 2016
- "Innovation Award at Gamepolis 2016" Málaga (Spain), 14 July, 2016
- "1st Prize at Mallorca Game Awards 2016" Mallorca (Spain), 26 June, 2016
Request press copy
About The Barberians Game Studio
I am Jose Barberà Pastor, an indie video game developer, from Valencia (Spain). I am game designer, programmer and artist, as my brother Toni helps me with other tasks like promotion, PR, social media… We are known as “The Barberians Game Studio”
More information on The Barberians Game Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Jose Barberà Pastor
Designer, Artist, Developer
Toni Barberà Pastor
Promotion, Community, PR
Pablo Martín Atanes
Publishing & Marketing services